Thursday, July 24, 2008

Torrential Rains

Kirksville was in the path of one bad ass storm cell, well...several cells. It just kept coming! After we had A LOT of rain on Monday, this hits and hasn't let up for 4 hours now. The creek next to our house is about the flood the neighbors apartments, and the bridge to their complex is almost under water! We met our neighbor (Chuck) who couldn't cross the bridge (or dare to) so we let him park in our driveway for the night. They walked to their apartment with water up to their knees!
The lightening has been a great show though so far! Not enough for some of the pictures to turn out better, but we got them lightened up as best we can. Some look a little blue to get the picture to develop, but what can you ask for at midnight? :)
Hopefully we don't wake up wet! :)

OH! Holly brought up a great story in her comment. I DID actually let Lucy outside to play in the rain. First thing she did was run into the creek and start sniffing around the tree that's a foot under water! It was really dark so I could only see her when the lightening lit up the area. I started calling her to come back and there was nothing. Lightening lit up the ground and I couldn't see her anymore. $h!T! I ran back inside to get a flashlight and umbrella thinking I am going to hunt for her downstream...and who is looking at me from the back porch...Lucy... I could have been mad but she was looking so ridiculous it was just funny instead...:)

2 comments:

Gatfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gatfly said...

I hope you are drying out some by now! Glad you didn't have far to go to find Lucy!