Tuesday, July 22, 2008

12 Week Ultrasound

Yesterday we went to Mara's 12 week baby appointment. We were not sure if Dr. Carr would do an ultrasound, but he ended up using doing one instead of the Doppler. It was my first time going for the ultrasound, and it was AWESOME! I really wish they would have had video of the ultrasound. The kid was standing on it's head and was moving ALL over the place. Arms, legs, everything was moving. We could see the hands & feet were much more defined now.
The photos we did get show mostly frontal shots. The head (still alien-like) shows the eyes & mouth too, and in the last picture Dr. Carr thought you could see part of the spine forming (bright spot).
It was pretty cool to see (and hear) the heart beat too! 172 bpm so it was flying! With all the moving around the kid was doing, he wasn't sure if he would get it, but the kid stopped long enough for him to get it.
I was really glad I finally got a chance to see & hear the kid, especially since it was so active! I wasn't expecting so much movement. Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Gatfly said...

"The Kid" is really growing!
How big is he/she now? (Sally always had some fruit to reference the size)

Michelle Stokes said...

Yeah Baby Syring!!!! I love seeing photos of him/her.

Tony, Jen, Taylor and Kaylee said...

It is awesome to see my little niece/nephew!!! I forgot how amazing it is to see all of the limbs so clearly and so early! So cool!!!