Monday, July 14, 2008

Misc. Stuff

Thought we'd share some miscellaneous pictures from the last week or so.
I should explain the last photos...When we first moved here we wanted the desk in one room on the other side of where the cable (for cable Internet) came up. Mara was the brave one (of course) and went into the crawl space to hand me up the cable when I drilled down. Needless to say, I f'd it up and she waited under the house for probably 10 minutes. That's a long time, especially after she saw a dead snake and crawled through all the spider webs & what not. We rearranged a few things in the house for the kid and we had to move another cable. Chivalry is NOT dead, and I couldn't let preggers go under the house again. So I donned every long piece of clothing, rubber bands around my shirt cuffs, head lamp, a face mask from our winter collection, hat, latex gloves, racquetball goggles, and socks pulled over my pants. Sexy huh? Well tard-look aside, no spider was getting close to me! We pre-drilled the hole this time, and I was in and out in under 90 seconds. It was wet, webby, and hot as HELL under there, but we got our desk moved to the living room to make room for baby stuff in the spare room. Oh, we even found a glider from a med student that was moving for $15! Pretty sweet deal.

6 comments:

Michelle Stokes said...

Oh my God. I'm keeping the photo of you to bring out at a later date. Thanks for the ammo!

Gatfly said...

The dead snake would have had me out of there in 2 seconds flat! Love the outfit, and yeah, I can see Shell using that at some future date..... :)
Nice vehicle - enjoy! Does this "kid" have a nickname yet? Josh referred to it as Baby M, but I'm thinking more in the line of "Homer" or something....

Tony, Jen, Taylor and Kaylee said...

Oh Mike...You have no idea what you have done to yourself. Shell, if you need help in making this picture re-appear just let me know!! This is something I will definately have to show Baby Syring someday! :) What are sisters for?????

Mara Bacon Syring said...

I'd like to point out the significant differences between Mike & I's attire...goggles, a face mask,headlamp and rubberbands...for seriously less than a minute! It took him 20 minutes to get ready and less than 30 seconds to take the cobweb covered clothes off:)

Me said...

That picture is a licenced trademark of Syring Global Enterprises, LTD. Any distribution or display of said property without first obtaining the written permission of SGE, LTD is prohibited...

Gatfly said...

Good luck with that last comment....