Saturday, March 1, 2008

FORE!

Well March 1 marked the earliest I have ever played golf...:) The Kirksville Country Club opened at Noon today and I was the FIRST one to tee off for the season. The first hole was a dog-leg right and I drove my tee shot through the fairway. Not a great shot, but good enough to be straight and long. I had a couple of good shots, a couple of great shots, and the rest were a little rusty. The course had a little ice/snow on it still, but with it hitting 60F today, that should mostly be taken care of. I took a few pictures with our camera phones so they are a little grainy, and the white balance isn't that great, but they get the job done.
Here is my ball in the 6th hole sand/snow trap:



One thing that cracked my up was some of the holes had ice in the cup so some of the flags couldn't be set in. Here is my ball sitting on the ice after a nice long putt:


The course was a little soggy, OK, it was REALLY soggy, but it didn't bother me one bit. I was just happy to get outside and enjoy the day's weather for a couple of hours. Here is a panoramic shot of our 5th hole, 325 yard par 4. The lake is still frozen, the grass is still brown, but it's 60F, and I can't complain...:)


I do want to thank everyone who pitched in for my early birthday present, and paid for some of the membership fees for the Country Club. It's really great to be able to enjoy golf without playing $40/round like in Milwaukee...:)

2 comments:

Michelle Stokes said...

Glad you can enjoy your b-day gift for most of the year. You may be pushing the golf thing a little soon (ice in the cup!) but I can't blame you. We still have 24" of snow on the ground....yes, I'm jealous.

Gatfly said...

Enjoy!
So glad that you and Mara were able to be here overnight - so sorry you had to deal with crappy weather!
I think it will be some time before anyone thinks of golfing around here...