Saturday, March 22, 2008

First Week Down!

Well, first week for me, but its like the 30th week for Mara...:) It's been a lot of fun to get back into a full time schedule for school, even though I also have my full time job in the lab. As soon as we sell our house I'll get rid of that and have a lot more time to spend at school. The biggest change for me is the time commitment. 7-5:30 at work with 2-3 classes worked in there as well, come home and eat, out the door by 7, study at school until 11 or so, come home and crash, repeat. I finally know why Mara gets tired at the end of the quarter!
It was really fun to study with Mara again. The last class we took together was Biochemistry at UWM, and we always studied good together. We studied together when I was taking my Virology class (and studying for the GRE) and she was studying for the MCAT, but there was not a lot of interactions since the methods for studying for those two tests are so different.
This quarter I'll have Medical Microbiology, Biostatistics, Oral Presentation, Immunology, and Grant Writing so it will be a full, intense 10 weeks, but so far it's been a blast! Medical Micro has been all about viruses and I love learning about those! Immunology doesn't start until mid-April, but Mara is looking forward to that class as well.
Well, we better get back to the books! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

Gatfly said...

work, work, work, work, work, work...Study hard!