Saturday, August 18, 2007

White Coat Ceremony

I have officially begun the road to becoming a physician!
I received my short (student) white coat that I will wear for the next 4 years. Upon graduation I will receive a long white coat to signify my status as a Doctor. All 172 people in my class stated their name, college, and majors and we were then "coated" (I'm not sure if there is an official way to state that). Basically we shook hands with the Associate Dean, then the Dean, and finally the Clinical Affairs Associate Dean.

After the ceremony, Mike, Holly, Dan, Josh & I went to a reception and then out to dinner. It was really nice to have my parents, brother, and of course Mike there for the occasion.

I am very excited to start, what I'm sure will be a fun and challenging 1367 more days (check out the new counter on the sidebar). The following video is my part of the white coat ceremony.

4 comments:

Michelle Stokes said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! Congrats Mara!!!

Cari said...

Way to go Mara! May the one thousand three hundred and some days go by smoothly!

John and Heather Schmit said...

Congratulations, Mara! We definitely need a doctor in the family!

Sally said...

Woo hoo! White is totally your color... :)