Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tick Watch Update

Well we got the dogs into the vet and they gave them Frontline, which is an oil that you put on their shoulder blades and it causes ticks that bite them to die, and they should fall off within the next 24-28 hours. In the meantime the puppies will be sleeping in the garage to avoid a tick infested bed.

For me it's been a different story. Yesterday my legs felt like they were on FIRE! Turns out I had quite a few tick bites. It's been a nightly dose of benadryl and calamine lotion for me to avoid cratching my legs like a crack addict. Here is a snapshot of the tiny welts on my feet:







You may have to click on the picture to see the bites, they are REALLY small, but there are hundreds of them!






It's pretty much like that all the way up my calf as well. Mara was "lucky" and only has about 10-20 bites on each leg. I think my freaking out about it made the ticks bite me more...:)