Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random Rohan Post & Mike's Oobleck Experiment

Not much new here in the 'ville. Last weekend Mara had board review from 9-5 on Saturday & Sunday so the Rho-man and I got some cleaning and packing done. When I was cleaning out the kitchen cupboards I found 2 large boxes of corn starch, and what do we do with corn starch? Make OOBLECK!  FYI, 2 boxes is enough to make a very large amount of Oobleck.  Oobleck is pretty much the most fun substance on Earth (Happy Fun Ball rules the universe though).  Anyway, Oobleck is just H2O and corn starch, mixed to the right texture and has the coolest properties.  Who knew Non-Newtonian fluids could be this much fun?  Another FYI, Non-Newtonian fluids have properties that change depending on the stress applied.  Try it yourself and see what you think.  Jackson was a big fan I remember.  I stole this video from Shell's Blog:

I contemplated whether or not to post this next video, because the ridicule I'll face will be enormous, but Oobleck is SO FUN!  I just had to see what on Oobleck shower felt like.  Plus setting that solid parenting example for Rohan...:)  Contrary to speculation...I am wearing my shower shorts in the video...

Rohan has been enjoying his saucer and high chair a little more.  We also found he's quite a narcissist and LOVES watching himself in the mirror.  If you want you can watch the video below, but it is about 2 min long.

Other than that, just biding time until we head to AZ!  22 more days according to our countdown!
Some pics from around our place.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Gatfly said...

Love the pictures and the vidoeos! Nice shower, Mike.....
There are getting to be more pictures where I can really see Larry in Rohan! His coloring is definitely Mara's, though.
Loved watching Rohan watching Rohan...

Sally said...

Waaaay too much time on your hands...you're always good for a giggle though...

Michelle Stokes said...

Oh Mike, you make it so easy sometimes!

I'm so glad my neaphew has a sane Mom to counteract his insane Dad.

TriDreaming said...

I'm sort of not surprised that mike took an oobleck shower, i don't know why...it just makes sense. haha. Also, i think i'm going to have to steal the Ro man sometime when you're not looking, he's sooo cute!!