Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekly Catch-Up

We seem to be getting pretty regular with the weekly blog post. We wish we had more time to update, but it's crazy how fast the week goes by! There really isn't much to report from Mara and I. We're just plugging along, just trying to forget we move in 6 weeks! If we focused on that we'd be too excited to focus on the final sprint to the end of the quarter. I guess I do have one thing. With Mara (and Shell) keeping track of their running with their iPods and Nike+, I decided it would be a good motivator to get one myself. I found an AWESOME deal for an iPod on eBay and just got it on Friday. Like Mara and Michelle I also added a little avatar on the left side of our blog that posts my workouts. It's been a lot of fun so far and I can't wait to play "catch-up" with Mara and Michelle. They are much better built for running, but it will be fun to get in better shape!
Rohan got some great gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Bacon, Chris & Michelle, and Greg & Nicole! It must have been for his 3rd month birthday...:) The Bacon's got him a nice pair of sunglasses that he can wear when he's in AZ. We got some great video and pictures of Rohan modeling them. Greg & Nico got him some cool outfits & swimwear and sunglasses that fit him great now! Chris & Shell found some AWESOME Brewers outfits just in time for Opening Day at Miller Park. If we were in Milwaukee Rohan would have worn them to the game. Instead we watch the game at home on MLB.TV. It's what I get from Mara as a birthday present every year. It's cheaper than cable and we can watch ANY game, that is outside of Missouri and not televised on ESPN, in HD! Since we hooked the PC up to our new TV the games look like thier are broadcast quality! Anyway...the Brewers ended up coming from behind and beating the Cubbies (sorry Grandma) in the bottom of the 9th. It was really exciting, and I'm sure it made Rohan a fan for life...:)
On Friday we tried out my new iPod, and also got a chance to lift before we picked up Rohan from daycare. Saturday was nice, but a little wet from overnight rain. We took the dogs and Rohan to the park and got everyone some fresh air before retiring to study. I did find some time to watch the 3rd round of The Masters before I started back on my thesis. Sunday was a nice day. It started out pretty lazy, but then we went for a nice 3 mile jog with Rohan. We fought the wind pretty good, but it felt awesome. We caught the final round of The Masters before hitting the dining room (A.K.A. the study hall) for the rest of the night.
We hope everyone had a great weekend! Enjoy the pics & vid!



3 comments:

Timothy and Allison Peet said...

The Rohan sandwich is my fav!! I cannot WAIT to see you guys this weekend, so excited!!

Gatfly said...

That first picture in the slide show, with Mara holding Rohan in his shades - looks like he spends too much time with Linus - he has sprouted a tail!!!

Gatfly said...

Oops - I mean the video....