Monday, November 10, 2008

Last Post Before Finals (Probably)

Well we are headed into the "full swing" of things. I guess if you don't count the 1,000 hours of studying/week previous as not the full swing...:) This might be our last post for a week or so with all we have going on. I doubt there will be too much to update anyone on. What more can we say about studying? :)
We had a really good time with Michelle while she relaxed, did a little work, and watched the first season of The Office. She was patient enough to wait for Mara and I at the local Java Co Coffee Shop while we were at class, but then we had a chance to hang out and B.S. for the rest of the day/night. She brought some pretty crappy weather with her so she couldn't run outside as much as she wanted, but 33 miles in one week is probably good enough...:) We did find time to work out every night, which has been the norm for Mara and I for a while, and it's a GREAT way to burn off the stress! We were really glad to have Shell down since we haven't seen much of her (or anyone else for that matter) for a while.
Saturday I helped Tim & Allison (& Cameron) move into their kick ass house in Des Moines (Bondurant). Nate & Tim loaded the whole freaking 26' truck themselves in Lincoln, no to mention Tim's 7 hours of box moving from the basement by himself. I bet he had a little help from Uncle Jack though...:) We had some held from Tim's parents who also helped entertain Cameron. Tim's Mom actually slept in the closet with him since we were too loud for him otherwise...or maybe she just likes closets... We unloaded half the truck Saturday and the rest on Sunday, then I had to head back. I didn't even get a picture with Cameron! Every time I thought about it he was sleeping, and I definitely don't want to be the one responsible for waking a sleeping baby! I got two pictures of the garage after we moved the big stuff inside. We thought it was funny that all you can see are bright red Grainger boxes (where Nate & Tim work).
Shell posted a couple of pictures from this weekend on her blog, since I failed to take any while she was here. Actually I did get 2. One from the morning & one from the afternoon. Amazing what a new brush can do...:)
Mara's finals started already. She had an Infectious Disease exam this morning (hence all the studying while Shell was here) and she has another exam Wednesday, then an Infectious final on Friday. THEN finals week finally starts, so needless to say...it's going to be crazy for her! I only have a Biochem exam Friday and the comprehensive final next Friday, so compared to her, my week will be easy!
Enjoy the photos!

4 comments:

Gatfly said...

Thanks for the update, and good luck to both of you on your exams! Nice picture of Shell.....

Sally said...

Seriously Mara- I'm glad we don't have the kind of relationship where we post nasty pictures of eachother...no one wants to see that. NO ONE. Good luck of finals you two!!!

Michelle Stokes said...

I think I made out pretty well this trip! I have to say, I waited to see what unsuspecting photos you took of me. Snack Cake, I think you're slipping!

For those who don't know, Snack Cake = Mike....long story.

Timothy and Allison Peet said...

Just for the record, the closet Gloria and Cameron hung out in is pretty much half the size of our room, so I'm not the worst daughter-in-law! :) She and Cameron made a fort and had some good bonding time! :)