Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby birds

For few weeks in May, Mike & I enjoyed watching a family of robins. It was pretty fun to peek and see how many feathers appeared each day on the three babies. One day during finals (I know it took me a while to post it) one of the birds fell out of the nest and Linus alerted me to it by pushing it around with his nose. I called and told Mike and he said "Pick it up and put it back", um easier said than done when you despise/fear birds (I blame it on the dive-bombing sparrows as a kid). But I got out some garden gloves and picked the bird up and put it back in the nest. Within a day or two Mike & I were watching as it jumped and attempted to fly, the other two birds lasted another three days before they tried flying.
I took a bunch of pictures of the family, enjoy

These are especially for Shell & Holly as they have a soft spot for animals and birds.

No comments: