Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Busy Bees!

Wow have the last 2 weeks FLOWN by!
We've been crazy busy with school (Mara much more than I). Mara had exams in Biochem, Osteopathic Theory & Methods (OTM), and Histology last week, not to mention her first standardized patient encounter, and an OTM practical. To top it off she had an Anatomy exam Monday, so that pretty much ate up every waking hour since her birthday! She also found time (somewhere/somehow) to stop into the lab and begin work-study with Dr. Singh.
I've had it easy compared to that! I've had tests in my Stats & Bio classes (which really were not that tough), and other than that I've been working. I feel really lazy when I compare my schedule to Mara's!
I have found time to golf with friends (Brian & Joe) & professors (Dr. Sexton & Dr. Fellows) and I have been playing racquetball with my bosses (Dr. Singh & Dr. Sargentini). We have a really nice country club here, so when anyone comes to visit, be sure to bring your clubs! We should be golfing well into December, something that wasn't possible in Wisconsin (except for last December!).
We hope to get out and hike this weekend (barring any bad weather). We were thinking of going down to Sugar Creek Conservatory or Long Branch State Park by Macon. I think some R & R for Mara would be a really good thing, especially with a really shitty November lurking just around the corner...The week off for Thanksgiving will be MUCH needed!

I hope Larry & Deb are enjoying their condo lifestyle! Sorry we couldn't be there to help, and sorry Shell couldn't pick up the slack... :D

No comments: