Monday, October 12, 2009

Week Long Whirlwind

How can a week seem like a whirlwind?  This last week I took Rohan on a tour of WI.  Mara was without her boys for a whole week, but she kept herself busy and made it through.  Climbing, running, studying, and hanging out with Sasha helped her cope.  Plus I sent random pictures to keep her in the loop of what we were doing so she wasn't completely cut off.  I think she's glad to have him back, and me too I think...:)
First off, Rohan was awesome on the plane.  As soon as we took off he fell asleep and woke up smiling about 30 minutes before Milwaukee.  Chris, Shell, & Jackson welcomed us to the almost frozen tundra of WI.  There was a shock of about 40°F temp difference, cloudy skies, and the threat of snow and frost.  We met up with Pete and Beth before we headed to Green Bay.  Their new house is awesome with a GIANT backyard for the dogs.  We watched a little football, had some pizza and caught up a little.  Way too short of a visit.
Michelle and I found several mornings to hit the YMCA.  Jackson went to daycare and Rohan got put in the Y's daycare while we worked out.  I had some running to do so I ran outside.  There was a HUGE difference between AZ and WI (duh), but I wasn't ready for the stark change.  One morning there was a wind chill below freezing, which was of course when I had to run 8 miles.  My hands were blue when I got back!
Monday we took Rohan and Jackson to Appleton to see Great Grandma, Grandma and Grandpa Syring.  No one had really seen Rohan since May so there was a lot of catching up to do.  Great Grandma was really good the first day, but the other days, the Alzheimer's kind of took over and you could tell she was in a "fog" as Mom puts it.  She did perk up with she saw the Great Grandkids though.  Rohan & Jackson got a bath from Michelle and Jackson was even helping rinse Rohan off with the pitcher.
Tuesday Michelle and I took Rohan & Jackson to see Grandma and Grandpa Bacon at the farm in Amherst. They introduced Rohan to the cows, which he really seemed to like once the shock of such a large animal wore off.  Jackson was all about them, wasting no time to stick his hand in to pet them.  Jackson even fell in some "mud" while we were there.
Wednesday Grandma Syring came up to Green Bay while Hospice was visiting Great Grandma, and she watched Rohan while Michelle and I tooled around and, of course, make a Starbuck's run.  Thursday Michelle had a meeting in Milwaukee so Rohan & I tagged along so I could go see some friends I didn't have a chance to catch on Sunday.  I stopped by the BRI and saw Hope & Corbett and then had lunch with Rebecca, Sabrina, Christy, and PJ from MCW.  It was great to see everyone and I was really glad they made the time to meet up with Rohan and I
Friday, Jen, Taylor, & Kaylee came to WI from IA so we met up with them at Grandma & Grandpa's in Appleton.  Needless to say, they were all geeked up to see Rohan and Jackson.  We had a nice chili dinner (which I NEEDED to warm myself up with) and caught up. Saturday Jen, Taylor and I went to Amherst to walk in the Lettie's River Run 5K.  WOW, was that chilly.  Race temp was 37°F, and Rohan was sleepy & cold.  He wouldn't stop screaming in the stroller, so I ended up carrying him the whole time which may have actually kept me a little warmer!  Holly and Cari ran the 5K while Sally watched the kids.  Everyone met back up at The Bacon's for a nice lunch and more cow time.  There were kids everywhere!  It was a lot of fun to see all the kids interact and act like they've been best friends their whole lives.  Its good to see such socialized kids.
Sunday we had breakfast back in Appleton and said the rest of our goodbyes.  The Stokes' drove us down to Milwaukee and we met up with Nikki, Crawford, and Tina at the bestest coffee house on the planet...Alterra.  After lunch Rohan and I got dropped off at the airport and said bye to the Stokes'.  Chris recommended finding the kids play area if we had time.  Rohan absoultely LOVED it.  He crawled in and around everything for almost an hour before we boarded.  He smiled at everyone on the plane and just before we took off, he fell asleep again and slept the whole flight for almost 4 hours.  He woke up when we landed and smiled again.  He was so excited to see Mara waiting for us!  After a quick dinner we got home and started upacking and decompressing from such a long week.  I did have one casualty.  My iPod got washed with my clothes and I'm pretty sure it's a gonner...:(
Rohan wanted to thank EVERYONE for their hospitality and for making time for us.  It was a whirlwind to say the least, but worth every second.  There are close to 100 pictures (over 600 total from everyone's camera) and several videos. Enjoy!


Rohan Fish Hooks Michelle In HD:


There Is Something Wrong With Maggee:


Rohan Wearing Himself Out At The Airport Play Area:

No comments: