Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Meep-Meep-Meep


I've told most everyone I've talked to since X-Mas, but for those I missed I wanted to let you know that I got accepted into KCOM's Masters of Biomedical Sciences program, starting in March! I am really excited to move ahead with my education.
I asked for special admission in the middle of the year, and I will be joining the class that graduates in 2009. So instead of a 2 year program, I'll be in a slightly accelerated 1.5 year program. I'll be working with Dr. Vineet Singh (who is from MCW in Milwaukee) on characterizing 2 genes (SigB & dnak) in the bacteria
Staphylococcus aureus. I worked on the project when I started as a research tech, but I am able to continue it for my thesis, so the last 4 months have not been for naught.
If you don't recognize the character to the left, it's Beaker from the Muppet Show. The title of this post is the only sound beaker makes. I make no apologies for knowing that.
..:P

5 comments:

Gatfly said...

There is a striking resemblance....
Best of luck to you Mike!!

Sally said...

Congrats!!! I'm so proud of my nerds!

Michelle Stokes said...

Meepers, meepers, Maaaaaa....

Cari said...

Congratulations, Mike!
Meep, Meep!

Mara Bacon Syring said...

Does that mean I'm Dr. Bunsen Honeydew????
(Thanks Sally for remembering the name:))