Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy 30th Birthday Josh!

(The most recent picture I have of Josh, practicing the "baby thing" with our nephew, Sam.)
Mike & I went up to wish Josh a happy 30th birthday in Ottumwa, IA on Sunday, 12/23. I can hardly believe Josh is 30, it seems like just a few years ago he was pinning me to the ground and letting spit dangle to my face only to slurp it back in at the last minute, demonstrating a face wash on me with some freshly fallen snow, or teaching me to swear and then telling on me when I did...ahh, what wonderful memories of the "big brother"! All kidding aside, he's a pretty great older brother:)
It's really nice having Josh, Debora, & soon-to-be Baby Bacon only 1 hour away. We haven't really had too many opportunities to visit with our crazy schedules and their jet setting but we hope to take advantage of the closeness in the future. It will be really nice to have a nephew close by since the next closest niece/nephew is 4 hours away. Love those nieces/nephews! So fun to spoil and give them back:) We can't wait to meet Thomas!!!!
Josh and Debora have the house nearly ready for baby Bacon, they are too cute!
It was a nice evening and the weather cooperated, no crappy roads or loss of power! Josh & Debora's had gone out the night before for a few hours. IA/MO's way of losing power is quite foreign to this Wisconsinite, I can't remember the last time we lost power in WI not due to lightning!

No comments: